Monday, December 22, 2008

This is what it will be like

I sometimes wonder what a town or city would be like when/if (come on be real, when) the grid goes down.  How will people cope when they can't watch TV, heat their homes, cook or may be even use the ole computer.  

I have experienced bone achingly cold but only for a couple of days when a natural gas pumping station failed.  There is nothing like waking up knowing a house has been cold and dead for many hours and then realizing it will be days before there is any heat, let alone the ability to cook.  

It matters not whether it is natural gas, propane or electricity, cold is cold.  Like I said, I always wondered about maybe folks taking matters into their own hands.  I got my answer here:  http://news.mainetoday.com/updates/037409.html.

Helpless, unprepared people WILL become desperate and try to take matters into their own hands. These are the people who will want what we have, what we have stored, from those of us who have been prepping all along.  The enemy is already among us.  


2 comments:

Unknown said...

A great resource to help you get prepared is www.shelfreliance.com They have a wealth of information as well as products. Also, if you use code save15 you can save 15% at checkout.

Cliff said...

You have slowed down your writing again. I know you are as busy as I am in putting stuff away and trying to get your stuff in a row but I always enjoy your post. Keep talking and I'll keep listening.
Thanks for what you do.
Cliff