Thursday, January 8, 2009

A new direction for my prepping

Not sure how this part of my preps got side-lined, but I realized that I really didn't have any rugged cold weather gear - as in clothes.  Ask and you shall receive!!  Lands End sent me their winter's end catalog and wow.

Picked up great winter jackets on sale, along with silk long johns.  Silk is great for layering without bulking up and restricting body movement.  The jackets are super warm - think cold Wisconsin winters (home of Land's End) and at the same time light in weight.  The best thing I bought was cold weather/snow hiking boots.  I kid you not, these are the most comfortable boots that I have ever worn.

Every thing is dark navy or black.  Now I look like a stealth ninja warrior.  Ha, ha.

Question.  How do I do a blog roll?  I have tried to do this several times, and put in my favorite survival sites, they look like they are in place, but they never show up on my blog.  Am I missing something here?  I am pretty good with this stuff, but now I am wondering.  Help!

warrior

4 comments:

HermitJim said...

If you want, send me an email "hermitjim@gmail.com and I'll give you the info that may help.

Staying Alive said...

I bought 3 pairs of blue jeans last month and put them away. They be my survival clothing stash. Pretty essential. I'll be looking for more to add to it. Can't find any boots to fit that I can afford. Chinamart stuff will not fit!

Michael

An Unsheltered Life said...

Down here in Texas, my fleece-lined denim jacket is more than enough. Most days, even in the middle of winter, the hooded sweatshirts are plenty. But I definitely stock up on these sorts of things when they're on sale, because it's tough to have too many nice, warm clothes.

Are you sure that you're saving the changes after you view your blog? It's pretty easy to miss that little button near the top of the screen. (You save in the blogroll pop-up window...then save in the main window, if I remember correctly.)

Preparedwarrior said...

Michael: I have similar problems with fitting boots because of skinny narrow heels. The average shoe just doesn't stay on. I still have one of my original pairs of Army combat boots (still fit) that never caused me a single blister and fit like they were cobbled just for me. Maybe you should check out Army surplus.
Unsheltered: I will try your advice. Most of the time I over look the obvious. By the way, I like your blog site. I will be visiting often.
warrior